Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My 7 minutes POT Time Capsule- By Jerry Pritikin




Before the Senior Moments. I have thought about posting some of the stories left over from the 1960's and 70s and the POT connection. I used to read the Want Ads in newspapers for jobs that I didn't want. Today I prefer the WWW and CRAIGSLIST.com. In both circumstances my life changed because I was stoned on pot, and looking for jobs I did not want! I actually found a few gigs that way. The latter was looking for an Actor, and my reason for the POSTER.

Back in 1981, I was involved with the play 'Bleacher Bums' after seeing it on S.F.PBS/KQED. The next day I noticed an ad for actors for the S.F. production of the "BLEACHER BUMS". It was suppose to be a 6 week run that ran well over a year. I was hired for special promotions and PR. When the run ended, I continued doing Cubs an Bears tie-in promotions whenever they were in the Bay Area. I was tabbed by the media as the Bay Area's Resident Cubs Fan. From that, I evolved into the "Bleacher Preacher." I moved back to Chicago in the late 1980s. I spent most of the next 25 years roaming the cheap-seats of the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, and I became part of the fabled fans in the Bleachers.

Update:

A few weeks ago, after a long, long drought(no 420) and survived liked the message in the song "I'LL GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS". A month ago I happened to see an ad on CRAIGSLIST. A director was looking for marijuana stories for his Marijuana-Rama Show and I have a 30 year supply. I have made a commitment to do a 7 minute monologue at the EEK Theater. I plan to put it all together this week. Is this that stage that Shakespeare had in mind when he wrote about the"Idiot"that struts and frets upon the stage? Anyway, if you happen to be in Chicago... My first one night stand(on a stage). Follow the instructions on the leafy green poster, and buy some tickets. Maybe instead of getting some flowers tossed at me at the end of the 7 minutes... it might be samples.

No comments:

.
ALL of the © JERRY PRITIKIN images on this blog
cannot be reproduced, re-posted elsewhere or published without PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION