Saturday, February 19, 2011

The More things change, the more etc!



In recent weeks, I have had good reasons to go back into my closet... and under my bed! I recently posted the need for a writer, on CRAIGSLIST to help me write stories behind some of my of my images, for a possible coffee table book. I had only one responce and his name is Liam. I just noticed he signed on as a follower of this blog. Writing is not my forte, however I have not only a treasure trove of images in my photo collection, but also remember interesting facts and stories behind my images. I may ask Liam to help me on this blog,too. This past week, I also met with Andrew, who is a documentary maker. He spent 8 hours in 2 shoots... and together we dwelled on my stories pertaining to quite few of my photographs, and the history leading upto and after the events that I took them. Getting ready for Liam, and Andrew was not easy. I have boxes of non-organized tidbits and memorabilia from the 1960s and '70s. To give you some idea of things to come on this blog, as well as in Andrew's "doc", I posted the clipping in a San Francisco gay newspaper from 1979, about Gay Marriage. Ironically, it was not the reason I kept it, it was the backside of one of my sports columns. Gay Marriage has been in the news for the past few years... however, most people are unaware that it has been in the news for so many years. As I have discovered, many gay issues that we take for granted today, or are fighting for today... have been around for quite a long time. Besides the issues, I have clippings that show hypocrisy within the gay press,too. I like to brag that I have been a one man army, and not because I like to work alone... So in the weeks and months to come, I will be posting interesting, and provocative subjects from my past, along with clips and images. Of course, if you have any questions or comments about this blog, or its contents... please take the time to ask.

No comments:

.
ALL of the © JERRY PRITIKIN images on this blog
cannot be reproduced, re-posted elsewhere or published without PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION